Schedule of Events
(additional information on these three events can be found at www.baxterarena.com)
• Thursday, September 22nd – An Evening with The Magician at Baxter Arena. Social reception will be at 6:00 p.m., with dinner starting at 7:00 p.m.
• Friday, September 23rd – Special unveiling of a bronze, life-size statue of Marlin “The Magician” Briscoe on UNO’s campus. Location and time to be announced.
• Friday, September 23rd – Marlin Briscoe to be honored during Omaha South High School’s Homecoming football game at Collin Field. Game time scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
When and where is the event?
An Evening with The Magician is a fundraising event and will be held at Baxter Arena (67th and Center) on Thursday, Sept. 22. Social reception will be at 6:00 p.m. with dinner starting at 7:00 p.m.
Why are we having an event for Marlin Briscoe?
Omaha has always been close to Marlin’s heart; it shaped him and provided him with lifelong mentors. Now the city is coming together to give him the recognition and send-off he deserves as he makes his way to the National Football Foundation’s College Football Hall of Fame induction, honoring him for all he has achieved and represents.
Will proceeds from the event support the community?
Yes. Proceeds from the event will establish scholarships for the next generation of promising students, leaders and pioneers in the greater Omaha area.
What type of scholarships will this event support?
All proceeds from An Evening with The Magician will benefit two types of scholarships:
1. Marlin Briscoe UNO Athletics Scholarship – This scholarship will be awarded to a current UNO Athletics student-athlete who epitomizes what Marlin Briscoe and UNO student-athletes are all about: academics, athletics, community involvement, leadership and high standards of integrity.
2. Omaha/UNO Legacy Scholarships – These scholarships will be awarded to multiple Omaha Public School students entering UNO as freshmen. These will be first-generation college students who demonstrate financial need and represent underserved communities.
How can I support and/or attend the event?
There are various levels of sponsorships from which to choose. Each level offers a table of ten (10) to the night of the event. A limited number of individual tickets are available for purchase on a first-come, first-serve basis. We anticipate the event will be highly attended and to guarantee attendance, a table should be purchased. For information on event sponsorships, table purchases and/or individual tickets, please visit www.baxterarena.com.
Are complimentary tables available to the community?
Yes, higher-level sponsors will provide complimentary tables to community organizations/schools. The number of complimentary tables available will be determined as the event date gets closer.
Is my support toward this event a tax deduction?
The University of Nebraska Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. As stipulated by the IRS, your tax deduction will be reduced by the value of any benefits you receive.
Who is on the steering committee?
What if I’m unable to attend the fundraising event on Thursday, September 22nd?
If you are unable to attend the Thursday, September 22nd event, a public special unveiling of a bronze, life-size statue of Marlin “The Magician” Briscoe will be held on UNO’s campus Friday, September 23rd.
If I’m unable to attend the fundraising event on Thursday, September 22nd, how can I still support this initiative?
If you are unable to attend the Thursday, September 22nd event, you can still support by donating to the two (2) scholarships and/or purchasing tables for community organizations/schools can attend. For more information, please visit www.baxterarena.com.
Where can I get more information about An Evening with The Magician?
For more information about An Evening with The Magician, please visit www.baxterarena.com.
Still have questions?
Email email@example.com for more information.